Tory HQ bombarded with over ‘14,000 letters’ telling them to stick with Boris Johnson

T

BORIS Johnson has told his army of fans to stop bombarding Tory headquarters with fevered demands to put him on the leadership ballot.

His close ally Nadine Dorries yesterday relayed the message from the PM that supporters needed to accept he was stepping down.

More than 14,000 people are believed to have written to Tory bosses in a bid to keep BoJo in No10.

Asked about the growing petition, the Culture Secretary revealed the PM told her: “‘If you hear anything about these people…tell them to stop, it’s not right’. They were his words, his exact words.”

Ms Dorries also rubbished “100 per cent nuclear grade tosh” reports that she plans to gift Mr Johnson her ultra-safe Mid Bedfordshire seat so he can stage a comeback.

But she could not resist taking a swipe at Rishi Sunak for knifing her beloved boss and orchestrating “a ruthless coup”.

Ms Dorries, who is supporting Liz Truss, was forced to call for security during a live interview yesterday when a furious passerby started yelling at her cameraman.

Sky News abruptly cut its feed with the Culture Sec, who was in Birmingham for the Commonwealth Games, when the row broke out off screen.

The latest odds from Smarkets give the Foreign Secretary a 90 per cent chance of winning the Tory leadership contest against a 10 per cent hope for the former Chancellor.

But Mr Sunak is hoping to turn the tide by winning a TV bout with rottweiler interviewer Andrew Neil at 7.30pm on Channel 4.

Ms Truss is ducking the grilling with the notoriously tough broadcaster, giving Mr Sunak the opportunity to score free points against his rival. 

To Read Daily News, click here

About the author

Patrick

Add Comment

By Patrick

Get in touch

Content and images available on this website is supplied by contributors. As such we do not hold or accept liability for the content, views or references used. For any complaints please contact babumanish.kuwar@gmail.com. Use of this website signifies your agreement to our terms of use. We do our best to ensure that all information on the Website is accurate. If you find any inaccurate information on the Website please us know by sending an email to babumanish.kuwar@gmail.com and we will correct it, where we agree, as soon as practicable. We do not accept liability for any user-generated or user submitted content – if there are any copyright violations please notify us at babumanish.kuwar@gmail.com – any media used will be removed providing proof of content ownership can be provided. For any DMCA requests under the digital millennium copyright act please contact babumanish.kuwar@gmail.com with the subject DMCA Request.
Contact us: babumanish.kuwar@gmail.com