ASHLEY WILLIAMS has been charged by the FA after allegedly attacking an opposition coach in an U12s match.
The former Premier League defender, 38, is said to have “completely lost it” at his son’s youth game.
The Mail + report that the ex-Wales international – now a BBC pundit – ran on to the pitch to confront the man following an incident with Williams’ child.
The opposition coach had tried to intervene before the former Swansea and Everton defender lost his temper.
Witnesses say that Williams assaulted the man, putting him in a headlock and refusing to let go.
Footage taken briefly after this shows Williams being held back whilst the kids and their families look on.
The September 18 match between Corinthians and TSC United was subsequently abandoned.
A spokesman for the Swans legend said he was acting in self-defence and witnesses will back that up.
The statement read: “‘Ashley had been assaulted and was defending himself.
“We have 45 witnesses – including people associated with the two teams who were about to use the pitch – who will back up our version of events and we will defend Ashley vigorously.”
The Manchester FA investigated the matter following a series of complaints.
It has charged Ashley Williams with “improper conduct including violent conduct and threatening and/or abusive language/behaviour”.
To Read Daily News, click here